Saturday 10 April 2010

We tried to push forward

At this rate, we're going to have heard the entirety of Heaven Is Whenever before it even hits the stores. Stereogum have debuted another new track, "Barely Breathing", and it offers yet more evidence that the new album is going to be fantastic (I'd say it harks back to Craig Finn's first band, Lifter Puller, more than The Hold Steady usually tend to). Fortunately, there's only a few weeks to wait for it. Which is fine by me, seeing as how over the course of the last few weeks I've gone from mildly interested to ridiculously enthusiastic. Without question, I'll be at their June 26th Manchester show, and outside of the Pavement-curated All Tomorrow's Parties, I don't think there's anything coming up I'm quite as excited about.

No comments:

Post a Comment