Wednesday 7 April 2010

In the daytime she's like a mannequin

Right now, I could write about Freedy Johnston until the cows come home (and maybe I would do, if he hadn't already sold the family farm to fund the recording of Can I Fly). Instead, I'll point you in the direction of his recent Daytrotter Session. Not only does he perform his most famous song ("Bad Reputation"), but there's also three tracks from his new album, Rain On The City, including "Don't Fall In Love With A Lonely Girl," the album version of which is far and away my favourite song in the world at this moment in time. I don't often urge people to do things, but as far as Freedy Johnston is concerned, I urge you to listen to him. His songs are frequently beautiful in a way that most songwriters can only ever dream about.

No comments:

Post a Comment