Saturday 3 April 2010

Thinking it over by the snack machine

Having already wrote about their new album Infinite Arms the other day, Band Of Horses are previewing another new song, entitled "Factory." It's more immediate than "Compliments," which itself has grown on me after a few more plays. At this point, I'm feeling hopeful that the band will improve upon their first two albums. You can listen to it here.

On a similar note, there's yet another new track from The Hold Steady. "The Weekenders" once and for all dispels any suggestion that the band have ditched their '21st century Springsteen' sound, but when the songs are as anthemic as the three they've previewed so far, no-one is likely to be complaining. Debuting on the US-only MTV Buzzworthy blog, it took me forever to find a means of listening to it, but Exclaim News have a link up that works, so head here if you're interested. I'm only just working my way towards becoming a proper fan of the band, but I'm now incredibly excited for Heaven Is Whenever.

Another band I wouldn't count amongst my favourites just yet, Fleet Foxes still did enough on their debut, self-titled album to keep me interested in what they do next. At a recent show at the MusicNow Festival in Cincinnati, Ohio, band leader Robin Pecknold debuted several new Fleet Foxes songs, the most striking of which was captured on film.

No comments:

Post a Comment