Friday 23 April 2010

Sorrow found me when I was young


Yesterday, I wrote about the recent development of record labels streaming the entirety of a new album ahead of its release. I mentioned The National as a band who are currently benefitting from this approach, knowing that High Violet would be available to hear in full courtesy of The New York Times as of today. I'm listening to it right now, and I'd suggest that you do the same - it's only available until April 27th. The lengthy feature that accompanies the audio is well worth reading, too, telling the story of a band who've had to pay their dues along their way; they've fought long and hard to achieve the kind of success they're now enjoying, and it's hard not to admire the persistence which has seen them develop into one of the shining lights of the alternative scene. Both Alligator and Boxer were superb, and I'm confident that once I've had time to fully absorb High Violet, I'll be speaking of it in exactly the same terms.

No comments:

Post a Comment