Monday 21 June 2010

Plans for the week? Well, today I will be dedicating my time to writing up a review of the debut EP from a French band, Alba Lua, for CityLifers website. My early impressions of it are favourable, and I'd definitely venture to say that they're worth a bit of your time.

Also, it's been a while since I last headed out to the cinema, and there's a couple of films I'm quite keen to see. Greenberg is the latest from Noah Baumbauch (who was responsible for the excellent The Squid and the Whale, and the middling Margot at the Wedding), and sees Ben Stiller in a rare serious role, alongside mumblecore legend Greta Gerwig, with a soundtrack by James Murphy of LCD Soundsystem fame. Please Give, meanwhile, is the latest from Nicole Holofcener, a director I feel has passed me by. My interest has been piqued by this article, however, so I'd like to check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment