Monday 21 June 2010

I'm moving past the feeling


For whatever reason, I've never managed to listen to Neon Bible all the way through. My relationship with Arcade Fire has always been a curious one, in fact. Way back when (2004, I think), before they broke big I missed the chance to see them in some small Manchester venue or other, solely due to laziness. I struggled for years to admit how great Funeral truly is, for fear of buying into the hype that surrounded the band.

Flash forward to 2010, however, and a new Arcade Fire album seems like something worth getting excited for. Judge for yourself: One Thirty BPM have four of the songs for you to listen to, and after a couple of listens I'm quietly impressed with all of them. Due August 2nd, the sixteen track length suggests that this will be their most ambitious release to date, and I for one am eagerly anticipating it.

The Suburbs track list:

1. The Suburbs
2. Ready To Start
3. Modern Man
4. Rococo
5. Empty Room
6. City With No Children
7. Half Light I
8. Half Light II (No Celebration)
9. Suburban War
10. Month Of May
11. Wasted Hours
12. Deep Blue
13. We Used To Wait
14. Sprawl I (Flatland)
15. Sprawl II (Mountains Beyond Mountains)
16. The Suburbs (continued)

No comments:

Post a Comment