Tuesday 18 May 2010

Pavement ATP: the aftermath


It's always difficult to come back home after a weekend spent at All Tomorrow's Parties. Aside from the inevitable stupor that three days' worth of hangovers inflicts upon your body and mind, you have to deal with the knowledge that everyday life does not consist of getting up, milling about for a bit, and then checking out a handful of excellent bands. Fortunately, this ATP was everything I was hoping it would be. Pavement more than lived up to my expectations, playing everything I wanted to hear during an epic two hour set that spanned the length of their career, and the band were clearly enjoying themselves. And I've come away with plenty more wonderful memories, too; Broken Social Scene were excellent as always; eighties American punk band The Authorities surprised us with the strength of their songs; and Wax Fang are well on their way to becoming amongst my personal favourites. Catching The Walkmen playing "The Rat" and Calexico playing "Not Even Stevie Nicks" is something I was delighted about as well. All that, of course, is just the tip of the iceberg; there's a constant source of entertainment to be derived from ATP, beyond just the music. Hopefully more footage of the event will emerge over the next few days; what's currently kicking around on YouTube is largely of a pretty poor quality. If I find any more decent videos, I'll post them.

Pavement - "We Dance"



Broken Social Scene - "KC Accidental"

No comments:

Post a Comment