Thursday 13 May 2010

Another Butlins holiday


So, tomorrow I'm fortunate enough to be off to Minehead for the Pavement-curated All Tomorrow's Parties. Undoubtedly my favourite band of all time, I never believed I'd have the opportunity to see them live, but thankfully they decided to embark on a reunion tour, and in two days I'll be watching them play through a two hour set. Whether or not they'll be everything I'm hoping for is uncertain, but right now I'm finding it impossible to be anything other than optimistic that this is going to be one of those transcendental live performances I remember for the rest of my life.

Of course, Pavement are only the tip of the iceberg. There's plenty of other stuff to look forward to as well; bands I've recently become infatuated with, such as Avi Buffalo and Surfer Blood (who played the Ruby Lounge last weekend, and really impressed me); bands I have a longstanding love of (the likes of Broken Social Scene, The Fiery Furnaces, and a rare opportunity to see Mission Of Burma); and bands I know I should've heard already (chief amongst those being Blitzen Trapper and Wooden Shjips). And that's only scratching the surface. Having skipped all of the ATP events last year, it'll be good to be back.

No comments:

Post a Comment