Monday 3 May 2010

Give me all your money

Tapes 'n Tapes. There's a band who disappeared off the radar almost completely. Which is something of a shame; I still have a bit of a soft spot for The Loon, a decent-but-not-spectacular debut album that boasted a few fantastic tunes, not least "Omaha," which made its way onto a few of the mixtapes I made around the time (and also stands as evidence that the band might well be best served going down a similar route as The National did when putting out a slow-paced, meditative album like Boxer). I never gave Walk It Off much of a chance, really; I'll probably play it through a couple of times this week, and decide whether or not I was wrong to ignore it. They recently debuted new song "SWM" at a live show, and a third album is reportedly due at some point this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment