Saturday 17 July 2010

My second contribution to Write In For Writing's Sake was posted this evening, and as always I'd be greatly appreciative if you followed the link to read it. This week's subject was 'Uncomfortable,' and after considering an airline cabin as the setting (and a rather more literal interpretation of the theme), I eventually settled on a house party, with a narrator who is anything but happy to be there. Once again, I didn't find it necessary to draw upon my own real life experiences too much, although I imagine most people can relate to the circumstances depicted within the story. Let's face it, at one time or another we've all found ourselves in a room comprised entirely of total strangers, and all felt the sense of discomfort that stems from struggling to find your place, and your voice, within said room.

No comments:

Post a Comment