Saturday 17 July 2010

I think it'll take me a while to process Inception. My initial (undeniably) hyperbole-laden reaction to the film is that it is nothing less than a ground-up reinvention of the action movie genre. To wit: the bar has been raised to such an extent that the usual underwhelming summer blockbuster mediocrity that just about passes muster will (hopefully) no longer so readily be accepted. It is undoubtedly Christopher Nolan's finest hour, surpassing both the critically adored Dark Knight and The Prestige (my own personal favourite), and is a tremendous piece of cinema that demands multiple viewings in order to fully digest the wonderful-but-labyrinthine plot. Superbly acted and utterly captivating throughout, I cannot wait to see it for a second time.

No comments:

Post a Comment