Tuesday 20 July 2010

Mercury Music Prize 2010

So, the nominations for the Mercury Music Prize 2010 have just been announced, meaning everyone can squabble over who was picked and who was left out, whilst arguing about whether the award has any particular relevance these days anyway. I haven't listened to most of these albums, and if I'm honest I probably don't intend to. I've heard good things about the Villagers record; need to spend more time with Wild Beasts; and enjoy the xx's debut quite a bit. Outside of those three, there's nothing here that really convinces me that British music is in particularly rude health. Ah well. There's always next year.

Biffy Clyro - Only Revolutions
Corinne Bailey Rae - The Sea
Dizzee Rascal - Tongue N' Cheek
Kit Downes Trio - Golden
Foals - Total Life Forever
I Am Kloot - Sky At Night
Laura Marling - I Speak Because I Can
Mumford & Sons - Sigh No More
Paul Weller - Wake Up The Nation
Villagers - Becoming A Jackal
Wild Beasts - Two Dancers
the xx - the xx

No comments:

Post a Comment