Friday 12 March 2010

Kick-Ass trailer

Having watched this for the first time today, I think I can say I'm officially on board. The first few issues of the comicbook didn't grab me quite as much as they might have done (and if this movie opens strongly, my first printing of #1 is definitely going straight on eBay), but right from the off it was obvious how well it would translate to the big screen, and it didn't take long for that promise to become reality. What's more impressive is how much buzz the film has generated. It's already made the cover Empire and Little White Lies, two magazines on entirely different ends of the movie coverage spectrum, which seems like a good sign. I'd forgotten that Nicholas Cage was in the film; after his staggeringly brilliant, endlessly quotable performance in The Bad Lieutenant: Port of Call - New Orleans I've had to reassess my opinion of him and decide I'm up for watching anything he's starring in. I have no problem admitting that Christopher Mintz-Plasse makes me laugh, and Aaron Johnson looks to be well-cast in the titular role. If the latest trailer is anything to go by, the film strikes the balance between action and humour perfectly. It won't be clever, but not everything has to be:

No comments:

Post a Comment