Thursday 4 November 2010

Sifting Through The Madness

Despite my recent inability to consistently maintain this blog (to my readers, I can do nothing but apologise), I've decided to launch a new one, inspired by my posts relating to the poetry of Charles Bukowski. Entitled Sifting Through The Madness (after one of the many posthumous collections of his work), my aim is to slowly provide a comprehensive analysis of Bukowski's oeuvre (hopefully at a rate of at least one poem each day). I've shifted the three entries that once resided here (concerning 'Work-Fuck Problems,' 'So You Want To Be A Writer?' and 'Ow Ow Ow'), and written two new ones (for 'Goading The Muse' and 'Nights Of Vanilla Mice'). Coincidentally, they all concern the creative process in some way or another. Anyway, if you could check it out, that would be wonderful, and in the meantime I promise that I won't allow Breathe On Deep to die out.

Also: clearly, I need to stop placing things in brackets. Admittedly, the last time I tried to eliminate from my work a grammatical feature I was overusing, it didn't stick. Perhaps this time, things will be different.

No comments:

Post a Comment